|Good Ol Fashion Jamaican|
If you know ‘barber green’ and 'fee fee', if you ever made a box kite and know the difference between ‘bine’ and 'clyde’, you are a good ol fashion Jamaican.
Life for every generation is a combination of sweet and sour. For good ol fashion Jamaicans there are some things which we remember which meck wi know say wi deh bout looooong time. But we wear wi age and wi ol fashion badge with pride, knowing that when wi talk bout certain things, it come een like wi talking Greek to di young people
You qualify as a good oltime, ol fashion Jamaican if :
1. You got a good dose of herb tea at the end of summer holidays
2. You still refer to all detergent as ‘Fab’
3. Your mother put a mumps cloth on you when you had mumps
4. You still ‘press your hair’
5. You call all nail polish 'cutex'
6. You still save the paper from your Christmas presents and reuse them
7. You remember ‘Life with the Littles’
8. You go to farrin and ask for 'Gleaner'
9. You still ’draw’ tea
10. They bathed you in ‘tambrin bush’ to clean up measles spots
11. You mouthside sore-up from green mango or sour tambrin at least once
12. You still rinse out the condense milk tin
13. You still refer to any smooth stretch of road as 'Barber Greene'.
14. You get at least one ‘beaten’ wid a tambran switch
15. Every hot beverage is 'tea'
16. You have been choked by asham at least once
17. You used to use exercise book leaf to meck box kite
18. You still use Limacol and bay rum 16. Yuh cut up meat overnight and leave it to soak
19. You use to have a beigie kite
20. You still set ice in the icecream bucket and cheese pan
21. You had an exercise book with Queen Elizabeth and her husband on it (not a ring binder)
22. You used to listen to Redifussion
23. You wore ‘puss boot’ or Bata crepe or to school
24. You used to listen to Lou and Ranny show religiously everySunday.
25. You know who Tony Verity was
26. You know what a bingy is
27. You still want to grater di coconut to make rice and peas
28. You have run from pitchy patchy, horse head or bellywoman (Jonkanoo characters)
29. You know what boxing title Bunny Grant held
30. You know how to give a ‘cornie’ with a gig
31. You know what Fanta and Nu Grape are
32. You know what a Woolsley, Humber and Zephyr are
33. You got worm medicine at the end of summer holidays
34. Your school graduation was called 'prize-giving.'
35. You still call Norman Manley airport 'Palisadoes Airport'.
36. You still have a BOAC bag hidden somewhere in a closet
37. You want the family to take the day off to see you off at the airport
38. You dress to puss back foot and get a special outfit, to go to the airport
39. You still want to go to the airport just to stand on the waving gallery
|< Prev||Next >|