|Jamaica Tourist Board 2015 Festival and Events Lineup|
Most Americans think of Jamaica as a sun and sand vacation destination; however many travelers would be surprised by the number of entertaining festivals and events held on the island throughout the year.
Jamaica has a fantastic yearlong calendar of festivals and events. These activities include world-class food, music and sporting events. We offer so much more than just sun, sand and sea and our annual festivals give travelers the chance to escape the hustle and bustle of home, all while enjoying Jamaica’s culture and flavors.
The following are just a few highlights of 2015 festivals and events in Jamaica.
* Jamaica Jazz & Blues Festival (Trelawny, January 29 – 31): This world-class event is known for bringing a fantastic line-up of international and Jamaican artists to the stage. Mariah Carey is set to headline this year’s festival. www.jamaicajazzandblues.com
* Reggae Month, It’s Kingston for February (Kingston, February 1 – 28): Reggae Month highlights the impact of reggae on the island’s social, cultural and economic development. Organized by The Jamaica Reggae Industry Association (JaRIA), Reggae Month will be entering its sixth year in Kingston and includes a wide array of events, including concerts, festivals and seminars that showcase the true essence of Jamaican music. www.jariajamaica.com/reggae-month
* Kingston City Run (Kingston, March 15): This is the third staging of the Kingston City Run which promises to be a weekend of pure adrenaline and fun with two race events (a half marathon and 5k race/walk) and other festivities around the city. www.kingstoncityrun.com
* Style Week Jamaica/Fashion-Block (Kingston, May 19 – 24): Style Week Jamaica and the blockbuster, internationally acclaimed Fashion-Block have become major events on the Jamaican entertainment/fashion calendar. The after parties, VIP cocktail receptions, seminars, supermodels and glamorous runway shows, appeal to fashionistas from around the world.
* Jamaica International Ocho Rios Jazz Festival (islandwide, June 7 – 14): The festival will offer a week of great music, top entertainment and community participation. On the lineup are international performers from Europe, the United States and the Caribbean along with renowned Jamaican jazz artists. www.ochoriosjazz.com
* Caribbean Fashion Week (Kingston, June 9 – 15): Recognized as the Caribbean’s top fashion and style event, Caribbean Fashion Week is held each year in Kingston. It features renowned designers and emerging talent showcasing their collections. www.caribbeanfashionweek.com
* International Reggae Day (island-wide, July 1): On July 1, visitors can celebrate all things reggae in Jamaica where the musical genre was born. www.ireggaeday.com
* Portland Jerk Festival (Portland, July 5): Portland is the home of jerk, and its Portland Jerk Festival showcases all things jerk. Participants are treated to a feast of jerk lobster, fish, chicken and pork. Activities include performances from local artists and community dance groups, arts and craft displays, a merry-go-round and face painting.
* Reggae Sumfest (Montego Bay, July 12 – 18): An anticipated annual reggae festival, Reggae Sumfest showcases the best talents in roots, rock and reggae music from both Jamaican and international performers. It’s the greatest reggae show on earth! www.reggaesumfest.com
* Little Ochie Seafood Carnival (Manchester, July 12): The Little Ochie Seafood Carnival is a celebration of the wide array of culinary delights available on the south side of the island. Little Ochie restaurant is nestled on the rugged beachfront of a quaint South Coast fishing village called Alligator Pond. Top local reggae musicians and vintage artists are featured along with excellent cuisine and a non-stop party. www.littleochie.com
* Mobay Jerk Festival (Montego Bay, August 1): This food festival is an excellent opportunity for visitors to enjoy jerk cuisine in Montego Bay. www.montegobayjerkfestival.com
* Reggae Marathon (Negril, December 5): This marathon, half marathon and 10k race are Jamaica’s premier international marathon event with sport enthusiasts converging on Negril for a fun event with good vibes and reggae music at each mile. www.reggaemarathon.com
|< Prev||Next >|